MOV and MP4.
Yes. The remaining time will be displayed at the top left of the screen during recording, and the remaining capacity of the microSD card will be displayed when taking a photo.
Use HDR Video mode to enhance the image quality, restore details, and increase the layer of colors to make your video more vivid.
Osmo Action uses RockSteady technology to stabilise footage. This EIS technology is realised by increasing the shutter speed, analysing the images captured by the CMOS sensor, and compensating by cutting off the edges of these images. In this way, multiple frames are overlaid and finally combined into a single frame that is sharp, clear, and accurately exposed.
Photos from Timelapse can be downloaded and viewed on a computer.
Yes. Osmo Action supports up to 1080p/240fps 8x slow motion videos.
It is designed to capture a wide dynamic range from the sensor, and colors are distributed evenly so the dark part of a picture is greatly improved. It is not a real LUT, but a lower-contrast video with a flat color profile, great for post-processing options.
Method 1: Swipe the touchscreen to the right to access the album.
Method 2: Connect to the DJI Mimo app and tap the album icon in the bottom right corner to view existing photos and videos.
Method 1: Connect to the DJI Mimo app and download the content to your phone.
Method 2: Insert Osmo Action’s microSD card to a computer.
Method 3: Connect Osmo Action to a computer with a USB-C cable.
Everything is saved on the microSD card.
Yes. With a prime lens, the clear imaging distance is 60 mm and farther. Subjects are clear when they are more than 60 mm away from the lens.
Yes, spot metering is the default. To select lock metering, slide down the screen and open metering function in the menu. After returning to the live view page, press the metering area for a long time and tap the center of the metering box to lock metering.
The DJI Mimo app allows you to control Osmo Action, sync photos and videos, edit, and share.
1. Download the DJI Mimo app;
2. Press the power button to turn on the device;
3. Enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your phone, open the DJI Mimo app, tap the camera icon at the top left, and connect to Osmo Action;
4. After the app is connected to Osmo Action, you will be prompted to activate the device;
5. Complete the activation process by following the prompts from the app.
The DJI Mimo app will send push messages automatically. Follow the prompts to complete the update process.
Method 1: Double-tap the main interface of the back screen with two fingers or press and hold the QS button.
Method 2: With the DJI Mimo app, access camera view and tap “switch screens.”
Method 3: Enable voice command and say “screen switch.”
In photo mode, rotate Osmo Action 90° and the system will automatically change to Portrait mode.
No. The front screen is only for viewing.
Detailed shooting settings can be saved as a mode for future selection. You can save up to 5 customized modes.
To save power, Screen Auto Sleep is adjustable with a minimum time of 1 min.
Yes. Osmo Action supports voice commands in English and Mandarin Chinese.
In camera view, press the QS button to quickly switch between the most frequently used modes. Tap “…” to select modes and add them to the QS interface. In Settings or Playback, press the QS button to return to camera view. Press and hold the QS button to switch between the two screens. Video will stop and start recording if you switch between screens while recording.
The lock screen function prevents you from touching the screen accidentally.
You can either save the videos on your phone first or use the DJI Mimo app to upload them and share the links generated.
Method 1: Enter camera view, and swipe the touchscreen to the left to access camera parameter settings, and choose Manual (M) mode.
Method 2: Connect with the DJI Mimo app and tap Settings on the left of the camera view.
Osmo Action has two built-in microphones. One is at the top, and the other is on the left side of the camera.
Yes. You can connect Osmo Action with a third-party microphone through the USB-C port by the 3.5mm adapter.
A fully charged battery can support video recording at 1080P/30fps for up to 135 minutes (with RockSteady turned off), and 4K/60fps for up to 63 minutes (with RockSteady turned on).
It takes approximately 90 minutes to fully charge a battery.
Only the battery, lens filter cap, and USB-C cover can be detached. However, all these parts need to be properly attached before Osmo Action is submerged into water.
Yes. Rotate the cap to detach it from Osmo Action, and you can exchange it for another cap or ND filter.
Yes. The device can connect to both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
Yes. The camera frame of Osmo Action can be mounted on a base or tripod.
Yes. Osmo Action itself can be used at depths of up to 11 m, and it can be used at depths of up to 60 m by using the Osmo Action Waterproof Case.
Please insert the battery, attach the lens filter cap, and close the USB-C cover before using Osmo Action underwater, otherwise water may enter the device.
1. Ensure there is nothing on the battery or inside the battery compartment, the battery is properly inserted, and both battery release buttons are grey with neither orange tab showing.
2. Check that the USB-C cover is properly closed.
3. Ensure that the lens filter cap is intact and properly attached; replace it with a new one if it is damaged.
4. Osmo Action is waterproof at depths of up to 11 meters. When using it with a waterproof case, it is waterproof at depths as far down as 60 meters.
5. Do not jump into water with Osmo Action.
6. Do not use Osmo Action in hot springs.
7. Wash Osmo Action with clean water after removing it from other liquid and let it dry naturally.
1. Remove Osmo Action from water immediately and remove the battery;
2. Dry the surface of the camera with a clean and soft cloth. Pay special attention to water in the battery compartment, microSD card slot, ports, and cracks;
3. If the camera is severely damaged, contact DJI After-Sales for repair.
Osmo Action supports microSD cards with capacities of up to 256GB.
Samsung EVO Plus 32GB UHS-1 microSDHC
Samsung Pro 64GB UHS-3 microSDXC
Samsung Pro Endurance 64GB UHS-1 microSDXC
Samsung Evo Plus 64GB UHS-3 microSDXC
Sandisk Extreme 16/32GB UHS-3 microSDHC
Sandisk Extreme Plus 128GB V30 A1 UHS-3 microSDXC
Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB V30 A1 UHS-3 microSDXC
Lexar 633X 32GB UHS-1 microSDHC
Other mainstream brands with a minimum writing speed of 30MB/s or above are also supported.
Osmo Action is compatible with the Waterproof Case, Camera Frame, Quick-Release Base, Locking Screw, Flat Adhesive Mount, Curved Adhesive Mount, and more. For detailed information, please visit the DJI Online Store.
1. Dirt on the lens can be cleaned with a lens cleaning cloth. For dust in the cracks at the edge of the lens, use a dust blower or cotton swab for cleaning.
2. To clean water stains, oil smudges, or fingerprints on the lens, apply a few drops of lens cleaning solution on lens tissue and use a circular motion. Close the cap after the lens is completely dry.
3. The inner side of the lens filter cap can be cleaned with a cotton swab.
You can use the universal port on the bottom of the camera frame and a threaded rod to connect with common sport camera accessories, or the interface of the Quick-Release Base to connect with DJI official accessories.