What does it actually mean?
The drone code and its six points comes across as very straight forward. Without a deeper understanding of why it is asking you to stick to it, it can seem a bit limiting. However, the reasons that the drone code is in place are important and are a must to ensure that drones can integrate with society and manned aviation without causing incidents or accidents.
- 3.1 - Always keep your drone in sight
- 3.2 - Stay below 400ft (120m) to comply with the drone code
- 3.3 - Every time you fly you must follow the manufacturer’s instructions
- 3.4 - Keep the right distance from people and property
- 3.5 - You are responsible for each flight.
- 3.6 - Stay well away from aircraft, airports and airfields