In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to update the firmware for your DJI Osmo Pocket.
Before you start, you’ll need to ensure the following:
- The SD card is inserted into the Osmo Pocket.
- The SD card has more than 100MB of storage.
- You have download and installed the latest version of DJI Mimo app (from the App Store or Google Play) on your smartphone.
- Your Osmo Pocket battery level is at least 50% charged.
- Your smartphone is connected to the internet / Wi-Fi.
Firstly, turn on your DJI Osmo Pocket and connect your smartphone using the USB adaptor:
The DJI Mimo app will open automatically and show you a notification that there is new firmware available for download. Click ‘Download’ in the notification bar to being downloading the firmware package:
Once this has been downloaded, the notification bar will display a new message ‘New Firmware Ready to Update’. Click on the notification:
Whilst the new firmware is installing, please ensure your smartphone and Osmo Pocket remain connected and you are connected to the internet (Wi-Fi recommended).
Once the installation reaches 100% your Osmo Pocket will restart automatically.
Click ‘Complete’ to start using your newly updated Osmo Pocket:
We hope this tutorial has been helpful; for more DJI Osmo Pocket tutorials please visit our Technical Support Hub.
When flying a drone recreationally, always remember to operate within the legal limitations and regulations of the country and area you are flying in.
For more information about DJI Osmo Pocket, please contact our training team on 0330 111 8800 or submit your details below and we will be in touch ASAP: